Vapor Ministries

James 4:14b states that "You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." "Only one life t'will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last." - John Piper. We all have a ministry during our vapor time.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Married with four children, about to be five. CGS (Certificate of Graduate Studies) from Seminary, pursuing MS in History. Interests are history, theology, adoption, missions, Karate, and French language.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Preparing for the Big Event

Dear Friends and Family,

My internet access is limited and a lot of the screen commands are in French so this will be short. The travel was great and we had a great night's rest. No jet lag problems for anyone on the team. Today we are helping with some outside projects for the event on Sunday. It is a Texas Bar-B-Que and they are praying for about 100 people. Please pray that this will be a fruitful event. I will try to post a picture of Kevin working in the yard. He is doing great and got to spend the evening with two other boys his age, so they had a blast. Tomorrow is the first church service so please pray that the Lord would speak through Patrick when he delivers the message and that everyone's first impression of this new church would be positive.

Press On,

Darren

P.S. Thanks to all of you who are watching over my family.
P.S.S. Thanks to those that provided financially for the hospitality money. I cannot express how much that encouraged them.

1 Comments:

Blogger 92bDad said...

Darren,

Thank you for the updates. Press on my friend. I am looking forward to reading about the events in France.

Naturally my Prayers are with each of you as you give of yourselves to reach the people of this community.

In honor of your upcoming Bar B Q, I will have some Bar B Q in Texas!!! I'll get the cheese and break out to have a French Style Bar B Q.

Press on!!!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home